17 Sept 2010

GBSD-stuff --- This page is (often) intentionally blank

This is GBSD-stuff, aka gbsd-stuff. This is the reincarnation of a formerly-closed unix-y/linux-y sysadmin journal (of quite modest scope and circulation) with a bias towards hardware and external interfacing. It has now been re-born to cope with the advent of this interweb-thing that everyone uses.

It's always been more of a rant-space, plus a place to share stuff that would otherwise be a pain in the butt if I had to repeat it to a second person that was interested. 

It's been going since 1995-ish, with a long hiatus from about 1998 until nearly 2004, while I tried (unsuccessfully) to make Microsoft products do what I/we needed. (mainly, RAID storage pools that were NOT dependent on specific hardware) Despite this total waste of about 10% of my life, I'm determined not to dwell on the episode, my very own "dark ages".  Never again will I use something just because I was told "everyone else is using it nowadays" :)

Yes, the text IS meant to be small when viewed in non-textmode browsers. Get a life.  
Posts are often removed/edited/cleanup-ed. If you need something, then  >> it to a file.
Like my whole life, sometimes it gets so full of crud I just have to use  dd   to blow all the cruft away. Stale blogs, like stale farts, become rapidly irrelevant.
Promulgation: ALL